happylittlegems recipe of the day:
happylittlegems Fish Pie
happylittlegems homemade fish pie recipe, the kids love it and it's packed full of healthy nutrient-filled fish and vitamin-packed vegetables. Great served with peas or broccoli.
1 tbsp olive oil
2 x cod fillets/loin
2 x wild salmon fillets
1 x leek
3 x carrots
1kg white potatoes
Fish stock cube
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Peel and chop potatoes. Boil a pan of hot water and cook potatoes for at least 25 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, slice leek and fry in the olive oil (or some butter) in a casserole pan.
4. Once leek is soft add sliced carrots, cod and salmon to the pan. Cook fish while softly stirring, this will cause the fish to break up into smaller flakes or chunks.
5. Add milk and crumble stock cube into pan. Stir all ingredients.
6. Drain potatoes, add a splash of milk and a large knob of butter. Mash potatoes.
7. Add prawns to casserole pan to heat through (or cook if using raw prawns).
8. Place casserole pan contents into ovenproof dish and layer mashed potato on top.
9. Grate cheddar cheese on top. Season to taste.
10. Heat through in oven until bubbling (20-30 minutes).
For more children's health and nutrition advice please contact firstname.lastname@example.org